5 large zucchinis (may be substituted with eggplant)
1 small onion, finely diced
250g baby spinach, roughly chopped
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon minced garlic
500g cottage cheese
1 handful basil, finely chopped
1 handful continental parsley, finely chopped
1 ½ cups grated cheese
Pinch sea salt
Crack of pepper
1 ½ - 2 cups passata (tomato puree)
1. Thinly slice zucchinis lengthways, approximately ½ cm thick.
2. Place olive oil in a pan on medium heat, then cook zucchini slices on each side until lightly browned. Remove zucchini from pan and set aside on a plate for later.
3. Brown off the onion and garlic in the pan.
4. Add baby spinach and cook until wilted.
5. In a bowl, mix the cottage cheese, herbs, garlic, onion, baby spinach, salt and pepper.
6. On a plate or chopping board lay out 2-3 slices of zucchini so they are slightly overlapping.
7. Place a spoonful of the mixture across the zucchini slices, then roll. Ensure that mixture is completely wrapped in zucchini. Repeat until all mixture has been used.
8. Place in an olive oil lined baking dish.
9. Pour passata over the top of zucchini rolls and top with grated cheese.
10. Bake in a moderate oven for 20-35 minutes or until golden.